Device Info Help
You can search for detailed information about instruments, sensors and devices through Device Search, Sensor Listing and Device Listing pages.
Quick Instructions (Device Details)
- Open Device Search
- Click on the Region drop-down then select the region you are interested in, e.g., Northeast Pacific, Strait of Georgia, Saanich Inlet etc.
- For larger installations, you may wish to narrow your search further by choosing a Location, Device Category, Security Tier or Principal Investigator.
- Click Search Devices - this takes you to the Results tab, where the first 15 results are displayed (Click on Next to view more)
- You can optionally click on a column heading to sort devices further. For example, click on the Category column to sort by instrument category
- Click on the ID hyperlink for detailed information about a specific instrument. (see figure, below)
- If you need help with a particular instrument, or want to report a problem, contact the appropriate instrument point person.
When you find the instrument or device you're looking for, click the Id number for detailed information about it:
Clicking the device id takes you to the Device Details page, which provides detailed information about a selected instrument or infrastructure device.
Click the tabs along the top to acces information about the device:
- Sensor - (Individual sensors belonging to the device.)
- Ip - (IP address of the device.)
- Electrical Rating - (Voltage, current and power information.)
- Data Rating - (Data sampling info.)
- Nameplate - (Text written on the device nameplate.)
- Port - (Port connecting the device to the network.)
- Physical Characteristics - (Physical characteristics of the device – not always provided.)
- Device Action (History of actions performed on the device.)
- Event - (Historical list of all recorded events affecting the instrument, including actions.)
- Site - (Listing of all sites the device has occupied since delivery to NEPTUNE Canada.)
- Additional Attributes - (Additional information – varies by instrument.)
Within many of the Device Details tabs, additional details can be be accessed by clicking information links.
Click Sensor Id links to move to the Sensor Maintenance page for each sensor on an instrument:
Click Electrical Rating Id links to see electrical rating information about the device:
Click Nmaeplate Id links to see the contents on the device nameplate:
Click Device Port Id links to see details about the port the device is connected to:
Click Device Action Id links to see details about all actions performed on or with a device:
The Device Event tab lists all events for a device, including actions, IP configurations, site positions and device & sensor attribute settings. Click the Id links for details on each individual event.
The Site tab lists all sites where a device has been located, including our Marine Technology Centre (MTC) integration lab and aboard ship, during maintenance operations.
Click the Site links for details about the site and a listing of other co-located devices.
Click the Additional Attributes tab for a listing of any additional settings or attributes pertaining to the instrument. (Not available for all devices.)