- November 30, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- October 3, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- August 8, 2016
- July 5, 2016
- May 31, 2016
- May 9, 2016
- April 5, 2016
- March 15, 2016
- February 1, 2016
- January 5, 2016
3 January 2017
30 November 2016
- Improved the visibility of the line in min/max+avg plots.
- Restored the ability to easily add multiple data products to the same Data Search cart using different date ranges. When the data access restriction feature was introduced, whenever a data product was added to the cart and the date range was changed, all the options (clean/raw, resampling, etc) were reset. Now the options are not changed if the date range is changed, provided there are no data access restrictions for that device.
1 November 2016
- Added the ability to add attribution logos on hydrophone spectral plots (when defined in Network Console).
- The new feature mentioned in the previous release is now complete. That is, the ability to restrict access to certain data products on certain instruments at certain times using Data Search. It can be restricted for a fixed date range or it can restrict access until the data is older than a certain amount of time. Over time, these restrictions will be extended to other tools such as Plotting Utility. There are three levels of access that can be defined:
- Full access ("Read Write")
- Restricted Access ("Read Only") where you are allowed to know that the data and the data product exist but are not allowed to access it. You are also given a notification of the date range when it is restricted.
- No access ("none") where the checkbox to download data is hidden during the restricted period.
3 October 2016
- A new feature is being developed that will allow data access to be restricted to certain users. The primary use case is for companies that have data agreements with ONC to restrict access to specific data products over specified date ranges. The initial roll-out affects only Data Search and is 90% complete. Eventually it will affect all other methods of accessing data. It can also be used to restrict newly developed data products to ONC staff only until they are ready for public release.
- Also related to data agreements is attribution on virtually all data products available in Data Search. Attributions are defined on a highly granular level so that the metadata team can control the text, date ranges, logos and specific formats, products, sensors and devices to which the attributions are applied. Look for these attributions on FORCE and SIMRES data to start as they are activated by the metadata team. More to come: citations.
- Improved the performance of generating the metadata reports that are included with each data product.
1 September 2016
- A new feature has started to be implemented but is not complete. That is the ability to restrict access to certain data products in Data Search to certain users. In the near future we will add date restrictions as well. This can also be tied to data access agreements with external companies. In today's release we have the ability to:
- associate data access agreements with certain groups of users
- restrict access to defined data products to those users (plus Administrators)
- You now have the ability to view daily seismogram plots for any of our seismometers for the first time. They will appear only on the Day tab since there is too much data to display in the Month tab. The data for these devices is stored and retrieved from IRIS - the Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology.
- The popup message announcing the "new" Data Preview feature has now been removed.
- You can now produce seismogram plots for any of our seismometers. They are structured as daily plots but you can request any time range. If you request more than one day of data you will get one plot for each day. For some time periods the high-rate data is not available; in that case the plot will automatically switch to low-rate (fewer samples per second) and change to a grey colour. There are several options including channels and filters. The data is also available in MATLAB and miniSEED format.
- Added heading, pitch, and roll to the CSV (comma separated value) header and metadata report to be consistent with the MATLAB data product.
- The hydrophone spectral probability density plot now has an "hour" option.
- Matlab scalar products can now access data in the Cassandra database
- The new State of Environment plots are ready, waiting on configuration to activate
- Modified the way that Data Preview notifications (implemented as annotation) appear so that they can automatically disappear after they are no longer relevant.
- Added a couple of options when requesting the Spectral Probability Density plots for hydrophones: a probability range of 0.12, and an intensity range of 40 to 160 dB. This will allow plots to be standardized for easier comparisons.
- Used standardized methods for computing the bin mapping for RDI ADCP data products for improved accuracy.
- Added a RAW data product for the SAS Solar Tracker Radiometer used on the B.C. ferries.
- Created data products for seismometers and made others available for the first time, including State of Health, Time Series Staircase, and the usual such as CSV and MATLAB.
- Added Power Spectral Density plots for all hydrophones.