|Table of Contents|
SeaTube lets you watch, search and comment on observatory cameras both above and below water, as well as Remotely-Operated Vehicles (ROV's).
How to Use SeaTube
- Open SeaTube
- Choose a Video - On the Video tab at left, choose a video from either Cruises or Locations.
- Cruises contain underwater videos recorded by ROPS during expeditions at sea. Select a Dive and choose a video from the list. Note: if your Internet connection is slow, it may take some moments for the dive list to appear.
- Locations lists videos from our seafloor webcams (see illustration below). These are listed by location, date and time.
- Play the Video - After the video loads (this may take a minute), use the video controls to play, pause and expand the video.
- Explore the Video - You can move around in time by clicking on comments or the ROPOS tracklines in the map. The Profile tab shows a time-depth graph of the dive; the Detail tab shows additional information about the dive.
- View Pictures - Click the Img icons to view still images associated with each comment.
- Search - Type a word in the box and click Find to search through the comments for the current video. You can search all videos by clicking the Search All Dive Videos button.
- Annotate - If you find something of interest in the video, you can Flag it for later review or you can write an Annotation. Click the Annotation Flag button or the Create Annotation button. (More about the Annotation system .)