Register for an Oceans 2.0 account & get more features
- Personal history — remember searches, save plots, create annotations.
- Prolonged storage — logged in users searches persist for 14 days after the search completes. Searches run by anonymous users (i.e. users who are not logged in) only persist for 3 days.
- Access across different computers — you can start a data request on one computer and download it later to a different computer. Searches by anonymous users are tied to their browser via a cookie (clear your browser's data and you'll lose your searches).
- Support — being logged in with an account with a valid email address allows ONC support to contact you if anything goes wrong with your search requests or with the data itself. It also allows us to respond to help requests. We aim to respond to support requests and problems within the business day.
- Share — send plots to colleagues and friends.
What is it?
Data Search provides data processing and visualization for both scalar and complex data products. Results with accompanying metadata reports can be published in scientific papers. Many more instrument types are searchable than in Data Preview, including hydrophones, sonars, vertical profilers, ship data and cameras.
Using a shopping cart model, you can create and download multiple searches at your convenience. If you log in with an Oceans 2.0 account, your previous data searches are retained.
Why is this useful?
Searching massive data sets over time can generate huge data downloads. Data Search gives you options such as averaging, Min/Max and selecting Clean or Raw data to control the amount of data you wish to process for downloading.
A search history lets you start a search while at one location (e.g., work) and then check in on that search from somewhere else (e.g., home).